Friday, November 1, 2013

Touba Upcoming Screenings

Hello everyone, 

I am happy to share some news about Touba, the feature length documentary film and photographic project that has been long in the making! I am so grateful to have met E. Chai Vasarhelyi, our director on Touba, about 9 years ago in Senegal where she was making a documentary about the much beloved Senegalese musician Youssou N'Dour. Chai and I were both captivated (mesmerized!) by the energy, the visuals and stories that surround the the annual pilgrimage in Senegal known asThe Magaal. It was only natural that we had to make this film.

While it gives me such great pleasure to complete the film and body of photographic work as its been a part of my life for 7 years, I will miss the creative expression that this project has provided me. Touba for me has been like going to this secret magical place. It's projects like Touba that keep my inspiration flowing as I continue my visual journey in this world and I can't wait to get started on the next one! 

SCREENINGS:
DOC NYC Saturday, Nov. 16th at 4:15p at the IFC Center, NYC, 323 6th Avenue, New York, NY. Purchase tickets here: http://bit.ly/H0zAbQ or @ IFC box office. Seating is limited so we recommend you reserve asap!

FILM SCENE Friday, Dec. 20th, Iowa City:Touba will be part of the grand opening events at the new independent cinema venue in downtown Iowa City, Iowa. Filmmaker Q&A will follow.

PICTURE FARM Gallery in Williamsburg, Brooklyn will be hosting a gallery of selected photographs, July 2014. 
Trailer and photos below. 

PRESS:

"Unexpectedly and beautifully shot on 16mm film, in a time when most documentaries are filmed with digital cameras, the observational film's vivid cinematography and soundtrack weave together a work of cinematic poetry"
Read the full review on Indie Wire!


WEB:
Facebook
Twitter
Official Website



Official Trailer, "Touba" (2013) from Chai Vasarhelyi on Vimeo.












No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis2